Monday, April 4, 2011

Sprouts

It was actually warm today! Not as warm as they were predicting, but it did reach at least 80F.


Above, a small clump of 'Ice Bred' arugula.


Above, one square of 'Tyee' spinach.

Above, one of my favorite things, a twenty foot ribbon of 'Tete a Tete' daffodils.

Above, part of a giant patch of chiondoxa.

Above, the chartreuse foliage of a 'Woodside' columbine.

.

One of the things I love about this time of year is the emerging foliage of some plants. The cool weather makes some seem so vivid like the columbines above. The foliage will stay that color until after they blooms, then gradually turn more green.

.

The weather is supposed to be a bit milder this week. I should be able to start hardening the first of the lettuce seedlings and the cabbage. Hope fully this weekend I'll be able to get the carrots and beets planted. Now if I can only keep the birds and the squirrels out of the peas...

No comments:

Post a Comment