Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Sleet!!!

The seasons are definitely muddled here on the mountain.
First we went from a mild winter to summer.  Summer then quick;y transitioned into spring.  the passed few nights we have had frost warnings every morning and they continue to this weekend.  Mother Nature played her trump card today, one half hour of sleet.  The sky literally opened and by the time it stopped the yard there was at least an eighth of an inch on the ground.  I haven't had the nerve to look outside at the garden yet.

10 comments:

  1. ouch! I hope it didn't cause any major damage. At least weekend should be nice and warm again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep you posted, it was getting dark when it finally stopped. The veggies are in a somewhat protected area, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

      Delete
  2. Oh, no! What did you do to tick off Mother Nature, Ed? She sure is kicking your rear end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea! I try to be good, honest! It must be payback from wild youth...

      Delete
  3. Oh no! That is crazy weather. I hope the garden is ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll know tomorrow. I'm hoping that since the sleet melted quickly the damage is only cosmetic.

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness!! That darn Mother Nature can be such a ..... you know! I hope everything is A-OK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin, the vegetables fared much better than everything else, there was only some minor damage from the sleet hitting them.

      Everything else looks bad at this point. My roses look like someone took a flame to the foliage. I'll be lucky if I get any bloom this spring.

      Delete
  5. Ed, I am so sorry Mother Nature is being so mean to you. At least your veggies fared well, but I know how much you love your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris, I think Mother Nature is trying to send me a BIG message. If only I wasn't so hard headed...

      Delete