Saturday, March 12, 2011

Signs of Spring

Hard to believe that less than a week ago there was three inches of snow on the ground.
A view of the kitchen garden today, hope fully it will be fry enough to do some digging tomorrow.
.

A clump of 'Ruby Giant' snow crocus.

A clump of 'Blue Pearl' snow crocus.


After what seems like a very long winter, spring may actually be here. Each year I eagerly anticipate the brief, but much appreciated appearance of the first snow crocus.
.
The first seeds have been sown under lights, gaillardia, hollyhocks and lettuce. Spring is here.

3 comments:

  1. Your crocus (crocuses, croci) are beautiful! It felt like spring here today. I notice my lilies are poking through the soil, and I actually got a small part of the garden ready, and planted 120 onions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The crocuses are absolutely beautiful! I noticed a few around here yesterday. Maybe Spring has finally sprung!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie's Granny and Robin,

    Thanks, I really look forward to them every year. They seem to symbolize the promise of spring.

    Ed

    ReplyDelete