Monday, June 7, 2010

'Blizzard' Warning


A blizzard of snow peas actually. Last weeks harvest of 'Blizzard' snow peas, just over a pound. not a bad harvest from three square feet. There was even enough pods to let some mature to save seed for next year. Lettuce was the only other harvest this passed week, over two pounds of it.


Potted cosmos is starting to bloom, the variety was supposed to be 'Double Click', turns out that it is actually 'Sea Shells'. Not a problem, I've never grown 'Sea Shells' before. You've gotta love that unusual picotee on the left!

Zinnia 'Zahara Starlight Rose' is also opening. I was disappointed at first as they start out all white, but the rose blotch develops after a day or two. Looks like this could be a winner.



The daylilies are starting, about a week earlier this year. This is 'Merry Moppet'.



'Artisan's Touch'




The 'Cornetto Largo Verde' pole beans I pictured germinating a few weeks ago, they have now reached the top of their six foot tee pee!

I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel with my planting. I'm hoping to be finished by the end of this weekend. Then the massive weeding begins...

3 comments:

  1. Your photographs are stunning! So glad I found your blog on Blotanical. I will return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a Zinnia lover... never have i seen a 'Zahara Starlight Rose'

    so gorgeous! I'll be searching for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pamsenglishgarden, thank you! There will be a lot more soon.

    Meredehuit, I was a bit leary about this one, I couldn't help by wonder if the catalog photto was just a "glamour" shot. I can't wait until they reach full bloom!

    Ed

    ReplyDelete