Monday, June 4, 2012

Harvest Monday- June 4, 2012

Harvest Monday is hosted by Daphne's Dandelions.  Stop by and see what everyone else is harvesting.

This weeks harvest was much the same as last weeks. Lettuce, escarole and snow peas.  I was unable to get outside after work for most of the week due to violent thunderstorms almost everyday.  There were even two flash floods that came through the yard.  Some beds were under a few inches of water.

Lettuce.

Escarole.

More lettuce.

Snow peas.
The snow pea plants were pulled after this harvest. I only had about 18 plants and the total harvest was 1.5 pounds.  Not bad for so few plants.

I was able to get outside yesterday and get some much needed planting done.  I'm hoping for a lot less rain this week!

11 comments:

  1. My lettuce is starting to bolt and I didn't plant any successions. I just hope a few are good at the end of this week. This week is cool and wet. I'm hoping for the ones not bolting that it will keep the bitter away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daphne, I'm almost at the end of my lettuce sucessions. The only ones left are in the flower beds. I hope they last until the summer lettuce I sowed this weekend sizes up.

      Delete
  2. I just went out to check the garden after such a rainy week and saw that my lettuce exploded in growth. It loves the weather. Glad something does :)

    Does your garden area flood a lot?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grafix, this is the first time. Last spring when we had the first flash flood since I've lived here I did not notice as this bed contained a huge burning bush.

      Delete
  3. Harvest looks wonderful but too bad about rain floods. I'm in the same boat and ready to swim :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is a drier week.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (I deleted the first comment 'cause I had more to say)

      Why do your harvest photos look so much like mine? We sure do grow good lettuce, LOL! We also use the same brand of paper plates. I must remember to photo my snap peas on one next week so I can make my harvest look even more like yours! Great minds...and all that. :-)

      Delete
    2. I was wondering why our harvests were so similiar. I planted my summer lettuce last weekend. The summer blend I sent you, of course. It does not surpise me that we use the same brand of plates. It DOES go back to that great minds theory. I'll be waiting for that snap pea photo...

      Delete
    3. You lettuce growing people... :) It just looks so nice to have it growing in the garden. Shame it decides to bolt and become un-useable.

      Delete