Harvest Monday is hosted by Daphne's Dandelions. Stop by and see what others are harvesting.
I'm still harvesting large amounts of lettuce.
I'm also starting to harvest some of the smaller shallots to use as scallions.
The green cabbage was removed and discarded. There was so much bug damage that I did not think the heads would amount to much. In it's place I decided to to see what I could create with all of the odd pieces of bamboo I have. Here is the result, I planted some pole beans on one side and will plant a my cucumber seedlings on the other.
The daylily seedling that I showed last week opened its second flower. Wow! What a difference. The form is much improved, larger bloom size and clearer color.
The last view is late in the day, still looking good.
This week I'm going to have to bite the bullet and start to harvest those huge escarole heads. I've been putting it off because it's going to take so long wash them and then figure out what to store them in.