Sunday, March 11, 2012

Today in the Garden- March 11, 2012

Today was the day.  It was finally warm enough to get some real work done outdoors.  The temp in the sun was in the low 60's and for once there was NO wind, an extreme rarity here.

First I turned over and amended the beds in the potager.  I thought of changing the orientation of the path, but the rose is right where the path would be, so the path stays as is.  The beds are now ready for the peas and greens which will be planted next week.


The pool bed has been cleaned up.  Now I just have to decide what to plant,


The raised bed is cleaned out, ready to be fertilized.


Daffodils and hyacinths are coming into full bloom.




The long range forecast is calling for highs in the 60-70's and lows in the 40-50's.  Spring just might be here to stay.

10 comments:

  1. very lovely flowers! mine are only just now waking up so have to wait few more weeks until it's all colorful like yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! With this warm weather, I'm sure that yours will be blooming very soon.

      Delete
  2. We had a wonderful warm day here too! It was so nice to be out working in the garden all day!

    Your flowers bring a smile to my face! Yippee for Spring!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robin, I'm glad you liked the flower pics. There's nothing better than spring bulbe to lift the spirits.
      I'm glad that you had a great day too. I'm just surprised I got so much done today.

      Delete
  3. Very nice Ed, looks like you are getting it all together. Just a few more weeks until Spring, woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris. I'm counting down the days to spring here as well.

      Delete
  4. Today I got your cold wind, along with morning showers, which kept me indoors. Just as I was about to get that garden cleaned up and ready to plant! It's supposed to rain off and on all week, so today I planted the tomatoes, and I suppose I'll have to do something terribly uninteresting now, like mop floors or do laundry or something. Bah, humbug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I id the boring stuff yesterday when it was in the 40's. We only get a very few days with no wind here. It loves to come crashing down over the moutnain.
      I started to pre-sprout the first of my tomatoes yeaterday, "Silvery Fir Tree'. The bulk of the tomatoes won't be sown for a few weeks.

      Delete
  5. Your flowers are beautiful. I did not get any planted last year at our new house so I do not have any spring flowers. No biggy....I will plant some this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Christy! The daffodil in the first picture actually "hitched" a ride when I moved my daylilies to this garden.

    ReplyDelete