Which is exactly what I did.
The peas were soaked Wednesday night, put into plastic bags wrapped in a damp coffee filter, and the placed in a cool place. All had a few with tiny root starting except 'Blizzard'. Every seed from 'Blizzard' had a 1/4" long root. Six varieties were planted today. Three shelling- 'Pretty', 'Freezonian' and 'Garden Sweet', two snap- 'Sugar Star' and 'Sugar Anne' and one snow- 'Blizzard'.
They were planted in the back bed, three wide rows. In between the rows I put in a few radish seeds. There were four varieties- gold skinned 'Zlata', red fleshed 'Watermelon', 'Long Scarlet' and 'White Icicle'.
|Not much to look at, yet...|
The spinach seedlings were planted in their own 3' x 3' bed. The back row is 'Garden Sweet' pea seedlings. I potted up the sprouted seeds from the germination test as the seed is 6 years old.
|The spinach patch.|
|Close up of 'Scarlet' the red stemmed, red veined spinach.|
The left bed still needs to be worked on. Tomorrow I will be moving the hollyhock and daylily seedlings and bearded Iris I crammed in last summer.
|The left bed will be tomorrows project.|
Around the rest of the garden:
One of my favorite features, a 20 ft long by 1 ft wide ribbon of 'Tete a Tete' daffodils.
Hyacinth's that line my front walk.
A few of the "pink" daffodils.
|The petite 'Katie Heath'|
|Unknown from a pink mix.|
The temps today were in the upper 70's again, not much wind. Tomorrow us supposed to be a bit cooler.