Wednesday, January 4, 2012

First Seed Order of the New Year

Thanks to the gift certificate I got for Christmas, I placed my first order of the new year.  I haven't ordered from Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds since 2004.  From what I read on-line their seed quality is still good and I have to admit that their selection is amazing.

Redman Super Cactus- Zinnia   FL820    1 x $1.75

Candy Cane Select Mix - Zinnia   FL813   1 x $2.50

Bon Bon- Zinnia   FL827    1 x $2.50

Dwarf Villa Roma White/Rose - Sweet Pea   SW163    1 x $2.50

Spun Gold - Marigold   FL469    1 x $2.50

Ivory Pear- Tomato   TW122    1 x $2.50

Purple Pear- Tomato   TP145    1 x $2.50

Marbles White-Yellow- Four O'Clock    FL445    1  x $2.50

Siamese Dragon Stir Fry Mix   SB106    1 x $3.00

Gentilina- Lettuce   LT130    1  x $1.50

Subtotal $23.75

The two tomatoes are new this year and unusual colors for pear tomatoes.  The zinnia's help to feed my zinnia obsession   The sweet pea is super dwarf and new this year.  I have been looking for Spun Gold marigolds for over 15 years!  The Siamese Stir Fry Mix is way out of my comfort zone, but the spicy leaves are supposed to be good raw in salads as well as cooked.  The lettuce is an Italian variety, a nod to my roots.  The four o'clock is for my obsession with stripes and spots.  Not bad, I was able to rationalize the entire order!
 
It does pay to procrastinate.. I left the order in my cart, and they sent me a 10% off coupon after a few days to help entice me.
 
Now if I can only narrow down my Southern Exposure Seed Exchange order...

2 comments:

  1. I think that you will be pleased with Baker Creek. I have ordered from them twice and both times they sent me free seeds! Both orders were small too.

    It's so hard for us gardeners to narrow down our choices of seeds that we "NEED"! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Robin, I'm sure I will be pleased with them. It will be interesting to see what they send as a bonus.

    "Need"? Everything in the catalog of course!

    ReplyDelete