Monday, October 11, 2010

The Poinsettia

This weekend the poinsettia was brought into the house. The variety is 'Twilight Monet'. It was purchased in December of 2007. This spring it was transplanted into 16" pot and is now over 3 feet across, and two people are needed to carry it. It will be getting 12 hours of darkness until it begins to show color, usually in early December.
.

Below is a picture from 2008, the first year I actually re bloomed a poinsettia. Now imagine what it will look this year :)

.

2 comments:

  1. Wow ... it sure does look happy and healthy. We're lucky enough to be able to grow Poinsettias out in the garden ... I have two in the ground myself. Make sure you post some photos when it flowers again ... I'm betting it will put on a magnificent display.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bernie- Thanks! I do need to green the leaves up a bit. I'll definately be posting pics of it's progress. Lucky you to be able to grow them outside, I don't want to think about how many I would have, LOL!

    ReplyDelete